dibaliklayar

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Moving contacts from Sony Ericsson to iPhone

Now I thought I can use bluetooth to share my contact. But unfortunately iPhone bluetooth 2.0 is strictly for headset. I can not pair it with my PC nor My nokia nor my sony ericsson.

So to move this 500 something contacts I have to follow below method.

1. Get fma and install it. fma is a nice little apps that sync your sony ericsson phone with your PC.
2. sync your phone with fma
3. select all your contacts and export it to csv file

4. import all your contact to outlook.
5. Now you can sync your iPhone with outlook using iTunes

I believe there is an easier way using iSync, but I have not try it yet.

4 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Dipti said...

Hey!

I too have a Sony Erriscon handset, the easier way is just sync all ur contacts from sony Erriscon phone with your comp. and it automatically goes to outlook and then its easy!

But the problem Im having is, I already have som contacts on my Iphone but I want them to be overwritten by the updated from outlook and whenever I try doing that It asks If I would want to change the Contacts Info in outlook..instead I want the opposite..

Plz help!!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Jason Terry said...

Sony Ericsson uses there own DBK software to back up your address book

DBK is like a winzip file and is very east to convert. with your back up sony ericsson file change the .DBK to.ZIP (this is at the end of your backup file) open it up in outlook express and upload it to your iphone.

Job Done.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

thank you so much jason.

followed ur solution.

changed extension from dbk to zip.
upload that one huge pcf to the sony fone and bluetooth it to my new phone! piece of cake.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Tara said...

Thanks for this tip! Here's what I eventually got to work. This uses Outlook, so you'll need to set that up, if you haven't already. Download the Sony Ericsson PC Suite, if you don't already have that on your computer. Sync your contacts to your computer by opening Sony Ericsson PC Suite, click on Tools, click on Synchronization. Click on Contacts. Outlook will appear in the list next to My Computer/PC, if you have that set up. Click Start Sync and all your phone contacts will be entered into Outlook. Unplug Sony Ericsson phone from computer's USB port and plug in iPhone. Open iTunes with your new iPhone plugged in. (Also works with the Cloud.) Click on Devices. Click on Info. The top item is sync contacts. Check that box. Select Outlook from the list. Start sync and voila, all your contacts are on your phone. (Just FYI, I tried Phonecopy, and that didn't work with my Sony Ericsson c905a.) Hope this helps!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home