dibaliklayar

Monday, July 09, 2007

iPhone SUCKS as a phone....business phone



Just got it last week and play a lot since with it. And I activate the thing right away. But found out several things that really disappoint me. I list all the thing that is good and bad for me to use this "new technology". For the price I should be able to do more.
8Gb iPhone = $600
8Gb iPod = $250

With $350 I can do more than iPhone, but without nice and sleek navigation iPhone has and large screen.
I will add more and more in the list as I am using it.

The Good

- Touchable , large , easy view screen
- Nice menu animation
- The only phone I know out there with this kind of touch screen and navigation
- Plays media so well and Youtube integration is kick ass.
- Maps application is good (google you rock!!), I wish it had 3G, so the map loads faster
- Easy navigation
- Email client is good. yahoo mail, gmail, aol, mac and pop3
- I can open links , send email to email address, make a call from a phone number thats in email body, then create contact from them
-Widescreen iPod video

The Bad

- NO YOU CAN NOT USE IT WITH OTHER SIM CARD.

- iPhone BLUETOOTH 2.0 ARE SUCKS, I hate it so much that I am thinking to return this next week. No file transfer via bluetooth to any device, so it is strickly for bluetooth headset. How can you share that nice picture in your iPhone (or your MP3:) )? By email only?



- I can not send/share contact via anything wireless. I have not try it with iSync. but thats out of the question, why should I not be able to send my card to my partner using bluetooth or SMS, this should be default function for any modern phone.

- NO MMS

- No games (hopefully they will add later), but I can play online games.

- I can not send SMS to several recipient. This kinda sucks since I usually sent invitation via sms to tenth of people (Not anyone check their email every one hour, but they definitely check their SMS as it comes).
- First when I got the iPhone I was thinking, how to move my contacts. NO iPHONE CAN NOT DO IT (transfer your contacts) VIA YOUR SIM CARD. There is just no option available to read your sim card info, maybe it will in the future. there is other easier method (than retyping hundreds of contacts) I wrote in another post

The Ugly

- Very berry slow edge compare to 3G, but usable
- Edge network will not allow you to download email or use internet while you are on the phone simultaneously :(
- No text viewer, no file browser. I WANT FILE BROWSER. if only I can or I know how to browse file using safari inside iphone.
- it has note pad or something like that, but only work for iPhone, I can not open text only file.
- Can't use it as modem ..... maybe later this is possible
- No flash, even my old Sony Ericsson k700i has something to help the lighting situation.
- No encryption
- No Contact search
- Can not receive sms vcard
- Can not copy/paste text from email
- speed : not so fast either. when I tried to delete several message in my inbox continuously its keeps thinking for a while after 2-3 message.
- btw you can not select multiple message and click process (delete) once, instead you do choose-delete,choose-delete,choose-delete and so on until your thumb numb, if you want to empty your iPhone inbox. Not very intuitive.

Then again to use this on your next trip around US is very useful and easy on your eyes with those larger than average screen. And most of the downside probably will be to be updated by apple with patches

This is a nice phone but its not my version of all device in one phone
sorry for the not so good image quality. But this iPhone image quality is just so-so also.

For people who needs a cool factor maybe this is their phone, but if iPhone can come close with the functionality of Nokia e90, I will keep it.
Maybe in the future when it becomes more mature(All my wish list granted), I will pick one up again.

2 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger Kayla said...

yea my mom just got one and I tried to send a pic but it just wouldn't work till I read wut you wrote and uhgg that sucks!!

y come out with a new phone and not put via Bluetooth?? thats soo retarded!!

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Kayla said...

yea my mom just got one and I tried to send a pic but it just wouldn't work till I read wut you wrote and uhgg that sucks!!

y come out with a new phone and not put via Bluetooth?? thats soo retarded!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home